Data-Driven Fundraisers - Tell Congress You Depend on Responsible Use of Donor Data!
Data has transformed the fundraising landscape forever. It’s clear that our increasingly data-driven world is reshaping how donors and charities engage, interact – and deliver on the missions of the organizations. But the threats to the data-driven way of life are growing every day. Congress and regulators around the globe want to put an end to the collection and use of donor information and other sources of marketing information that we count on. The 113th Congress has barely begun, but legislators are already investigating data-driven marketing and fundraising practices and drawing lines in the sand to restrict how your organization can collect and use data important to you.
Before the legislative fights begin, please help DMA and the DMA Nonprofit Federation start things off positively by introducing the data-driven fundraising community to Congress and educating legislators about the important benefits that charitable organizations provide to individuals and communities in need, as well as the American society as a whole. DMANF makes it easy for you to say hello and welcome to your Members of Congress:
1. Provide your organization’s address so that DMAAction can send your letter directly to the Congressman who represents your District, and the two Senators who represent your State.
2. Take just a few moments to personalize the letter below with information about your organization and its mission– add a paragraph that might include:
- Your organization’s mission and the services it provides.
- Number of employees and volunteers your organization has in the City and the State.
- The impact of your organization on individuals and communities through your mission and services.
- Your organization’s relationship to the local community, and nationally.
4. Mark your calendar and register to
in DC 2013, where you
can learn more about the threats facing data-driven fundraisers…and take to
Capitol Hill with DMA and its Nonprofit Federation to advance and protect the
data-driven way of life!
3. Hit submit and DMAAction will do the rest! Let the DMA Government Affairs Team know if you hear back from your Members of Congress and we can work with you to build a stronger relationship with those offices going forward.