Data-Driven Marketers - Tell Congress You Depend on Responsible Use of Consumer Data!
Data has transformed the marketing landscape forever. It’s clear that our increasingly data-driven world is reshaping how consumers and brands engage, interact – and benefit from one another. But the threats to the data-driven way of life are growing every day. Congress and regulators around the globe want to put an end to the collection and use of consumer data. The 113th Congress has barely begun, but legislators are already investigating data-driven marketing practices and drawing lines in the sand about how your organization can collect and use consumer information.
Before the legislative fights begin, help
DMA start things off on the right foot by introducing the data-driven marketing community
to Congress and educating legislators about the important benefits that our
industry provides to consumers, communities and the American economy. DMA
makes it easy for you to say hello and welcome to your Members of Congress:
1. Provide your business address so that DMAAction can send your letter directly to the Congressman who represents your District, and the two Senators who represent your State.
2. Take just a few moments to personalize the letter below with information about your business and why it matters to your community – add a paragraph that might include:
- What your business produces or provides.
- Number of employees your business has in the City and the State.
- Your business’ annual revenue, as well as what your business pay in taxes to the City and State.
- How is your business involved in the local community.
3. Hit submit and DMAAction will do the rest! Let the DMA Government Affairs Team know if you hear back from your Members of Congress and we can work with you to build a stronger relationship with those offices going forward.
4. Mark your calendar and register to attend DMA in DC 2013, where you can learn more about the threats facing data-driven marketers…and take to Capitol Hill with DMA to advance and protect the data-driven way of life!